Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fresca is Tangy

I am lucky enough to be friends with this incredible girl named Francesca Federico. She has to be one of the most
understanding and praise worthy people I have ever met. She is a multi-faceted young woman who has a voice of gold and an amazing blog titled The Minx, where all hipsters are unwelcome. I am obsessed with her blog and it is one of those websites that I always find myself on. She discusses everything from fashion to music to things that are on her mind, to the occasional story-time. With a raging taste in music, a personality that fits with mine, and an amazing fashion sense to boot, I am better for knowing her. Take a look at her blog and indulge yourself in what she has to offer. I decided to ask Francesca a few questions and this is a peek into her life . . . . . . . .






-Why did you start The Minx?
I started The Minx because I've always been obsessed with fashion and I discovered the addictive world of style blogs. I also love to write, so I liked the idea of having a forum that lets all of my craziness converge.

-What do you find in your daily life that inspires you?
Music is a constant source of inspiration. I'm a classical singer, so obviously I love operas, but I feel just as connected to an indie song as to Puccini. The way I feel when I listen to a certain song definitely dictates what I put on and what I write about. That's why at the bottom of most of my posts I write what song I'm into at the moment.

-What is your favorite movie?
The Commitments.

-Favorite band?
This changes constantly. Right now I'm really into Vampire Weekend, The Black Keys and The Knife.

-Favorite food?
Sushi, natch.

-Favorite book?
It's impossible to choose just one. Definitely in the top three are The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, The Vagabonde by Colette and Tristessa by Jack Kerouac.

-Favorite place to go?
Ireland.

-Who is your favorite designer, and why do you like them so so much?
You can't keep asking me to choose just one!! Limi Feu, to me, is the future of design because she creates clothes that are organic, avant-garde and could be seen on any person from any nation. Also, I love Anna Sui for her sense of color and silhouette. And anything designed by Olivier Theyskens becomes an instant obsession.

-Where do you see yourself next year?
Hopefully I'll be at a college or conservatory that I love and that loves me back.

-When did you first become interested in fashion?
In the womb. From the age of 18 months I would pick out my clothes every morning. And I have always hated the idea of pants; dresses are clearly superior.

-How are you so amazing at speaking French?
Hahaha. I would not say that I'm amazing at speaking French, but I do love it. I've been to France to study for the past two summers, and I think I feel a kinship to the language and the culture because I was born there, although I'm not French.

-What is one trend you gave in to as a child, but regret ever liking?
Oh sheesh. There was a period in middle school where I (and everyone else, I'm not THAT weird) loved to wear pajama pants to school. I remember vividly on my 12th birthday wearing My Little Pony pajama pants and matching top to school. I thought I was the bomb.

-How has the Minx grown and changed over the years?
My blog has changed so much, it's clear when I look at the archives. I knew absolutely nothing about HTML, designing layouts, etc. when I first began. I taught myself everything and it has grown from something I just used to procrastinate to what I think is an accurate representation of some of my passions.


-If you could have one thing, no matter the cost, what would it be?
The thought that jumped into my mind immediately was a Birkin Bag haha. Upon further reflection, however, I would say that I would love to have my own horse to take care of.

-What is the one thing you own that you could not live without?
Docs.

-What is your dream profession?
Opera singer :)

-How does blogging define you?
Blogging does not define me, but it's something funny and interesting that I enjoy and that I hope people enjoy reading. I would like to be defined by something more significant that I can contribute to the world.

-Do you like cats? The Youth Explosion has a thing for cats.
Luv kittehz.
















KissMeImIrishLeprechaunWaits Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Sailor moon Pictures, Images and Photos Dancing Cat Pictures, Images and Photos Cheese (sprite version) walking. Sprites ripped and animation by Jimmy Campbell. Pictures, Images and Photos Animation 8 Pictures, Images and Photoscoin animation Pictures, Images and Photos


She's a wonder. Here is her Twitter where she tweets her about her life, lessons learned and so much other cool shit. Be sure to check out her blog for fear of angering the monsters under your bed.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}



A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession.
-Albert Camus

1 comment: