Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rezervation

I went to a band competition today as a field trip with my school. Now, I'm not going to say that I love band and that my entire life revolves around it, but I like it . . . to an extent. Anyone who is in band with me knows what I mean. I play percussion which is the technical terms for the drums, if that even matters. But anyway, the whole band spirit doesn't really seem to be there in rehearsals. Part of it may be because we rehearse at 7 in the morning. We all went to the competition expecting to do okay, but not really get anything out of it because we seem to put ourselves down a lot and self loathe. We listened to two other bands who did okay, and then we got up there. OUR PERFORMANCE WAS THE FUCKING SHIT. We did so unbelievably well and the pieces that we played sounded perfect which is far from how they go at our early rehearsals. There were two other bands that played fantastically and the other seven were somewhat decent. We got a gold rating which is the highest you can get, AND to top everything off there are trophies that you can win for best brass section, woodwind section and percussion section. WE WON BEST BRASS AND PERCUSSION. I was so fucking happy because I never thought we were that good. It was incredible because no other school won three awards AND got a gold rating. I have never been more proud of the school that I go to.
And the weather is beautiful! It is 63 and sunny which I think is the perfect temperature. I'm gonna go sit outside while doing my homework which is a nice change from fucking bundling up on my bed and trying to keep warm.


Photo courtesy of Banshee Beat who's new work I love, and this photo reminds me so much of summer which I cannot wait for.

No comments:

Post a Comment