Saturday, March 6, 2010

*$



The Chai Frappuccino in all its glory. It's magically delicious. I love making chai at my house with star anise, cardamom seeds, ginger and cinnamon, and Starbucks version is equally as incredible as the version my papa makes. My father told me that in many parts of the world, chai simply means tea, but in North America the word has come to represent masala chai, a traditional Middle Eastern spiced tea, similar to the the one offered by Tazo.
It's heavenly and I suggest you all get yourself to Starbucks ASAP to try one.

Starbucks website states that, "in India, roadside vendors can be found creating an aromatic concoction of black tea infused with the exotic flavors of cardamom, cinnamon and black pepper over a hot stove. But if you want to enjoy the sweet and spicy taste of chai tea in summer, we recommend dropping into your local Starbucks to try this icy take on the traditional beverage. You’ll love it just as much cold."


I love the clever title that my friend Laura used as a Facebook status one day that represents * (star) $ (bucks).

1 comment: